DIY Rose Petal Potpourri: Crafting Fragrant Mixes for Your Home
How to Make Rose Petal Potpourri
Rose petal potpourri is a simple and inexpensive way to add a touch of fragrance to your home. It’s also a great way to use up leftover rose petals from your garden.
To make rose petal potpourri, you will need:
Ingredients Equipment Instructions Making The Potpourri From Roses How To Dry Rose Petals For Potpourri The Lifespan Of Potpourri From Roses How To Make Potpourri From Dead Roses Bottom Line How To Make Potpourri From Roses At Home Last Updated on February 22 2023 by Tony ManhartHomemade Potporri Recipe Spread the rose petals in a thin layer over the tray You can also experiment with drying some whole roses or rose buds Next either place the petals in a warm dark dry spot for 23 days or in a very cool oven as cool as your oven will go until dried Once the petals have dried place in a glass jarCombine the first eight ingredients Sprinkle the oils and the orrisroot over the dry ingredients and mix well Place in a covered jar and gentle stir the potpourri after 24 hours Ideally let the
potpourri sit for a week or even up to a month gently shaking every few days until the scents have blended and mellowedSan Diego Brooklyn Miami Not seen your shipping location We deliver US Nationwide visit our Shop All collection to discover the perfect bouquet that best fit your occasion Discover the stepbystep process and tips for making rose petal potpourri Create your own beautiful and aromatic decor easy amp with a big pleasure Shake the jar and set in a warm spot for a day this helps petals soak up essential oil Open the jar and enjoy the scent all day Important Tips On Homemade Rose Based Potpourri Make sure the rose petals are completely dried otherwise it can cause a little bit of strange smell like flowers do when they wiltHere is how to make essential oil potpourri from rose
petals Step 1 Gather rose petals from rose bushes Look for ones that are already fully open and ripe they will come off the stem easy when pulled Pull them off in a bundle at the base of the petals Get a variety of colors if you would likeOrris root powder Mason jar or sachets for gifting Baking sheet and cooling rack if oven drying Step 1 Prepare fresh flowers for drying If using fresh flowers I always recommend picking your flowers in the morning after the dew has evaporated Try to avoid flowers with bruised or damaged petals for the best resultsPotpourri allows you to bring not only some of the flowers leaves and pods inside with you you can also bring some of the scents of the season Read on to learn how to make potpourri for the joy of using it yourself or for giving it as gifts
Making Potpourri From the Garden
- Rose petals
- Dried herbs and spices (optional)
- Essential oils (optional)
- A glass jar with a lid
- A cheesecloth or coffee filter
Ingredients for Rose Petal Potpourri
- Rose petals: You can use any type of roses, but the best results will come from using fresh, fragrant petals.
- Dried herbs and spices: Some popular choices for rose petal potpourri include lavender, rosemary, thyme, and mint.
- Essential oils: Essential oils can be added to rose petal potpourri to enhance the fragrance. Some popular choices include rose oil, lavender oil, and lemon oil.
Steps to Make Rose Petal Potpourri
- Gather your ingredients.
- Wash and dry the rose petals.
- If you are using dried herbs and spices, crush them into small pieces.
- Add the rose petals, herbs, and spices to the jar.
- Add a few drops of essential oil, if desired.
- Cover the jar with a cheesecloth or coffee filter.
- Secure the cheesecloth or coffee filter with a rubber band.
- Place the jar in a cool, dark place for at least 2 weeks.
- Shake the jar occasionally to distribute the fragrance.
- After 2 weeks, the potpourri is ready to use.
Tips for Making Rose Petal Potpourri
- For a stronger fragrance, use more rose petals and herbs.
- For a more subtle fragrance, use less rose petals and herbs.
- Experiment with different combinations of rose petals, herbs, and essential oils to find your favorite fragrance.
- Store the potpourri in a cool, dark place to preserve the fragrance.
- Use the potpourri to scent your home by placing it in a bowl on a coffee table, mantel, or nightstand.
- You can also use the potpourri to make a sachet by placing it in a small bag or sachet and tying it with a ribbon.
Rose petal potpourri is a beautiful and fragrant way to add a touch of luxury to your home. It’s a great way to use up leftover rose petals from your garden, and it makes a thoughtful gift for friends and family.