Pressed Rose Art: Creating Timeless Floral Keepsakes
Pressed Rose Art: A Timeless Craft
Pressed rose art is a centuries-old craft that has seen a resurgence in popularity in recent years. With its simple materials and easy techniques, pressed rose art is a great way for anyone to create beautiful and unique keepsakes.
Pressed rose art can be used to create a variety of projects, from simple greeting cards to intricate wall art. The possibilities are endless!
How to Create Pressed Rose Art
To create pressed rose art, you will need the following materials:
- Fresh roses
- A pressing board
- A weight
- Parchment paper
- A book or other heavy object
- Choose fresh roses that are in good condition. The best roses for pressing are those that are not fully open.
- Remove the leaves from the roses.
- Place the roses on a piece of parchment paper.
- Cover the roses with another piece of parchment paper.
- Place the pressing board on top of the roses.
- Place a heavy object on top of the pressing board.
- Leave the roses under pressure for 2-4 weeks.
- Remove the roses from the pressing board.
- The roses will be dry and flat.
- Use the pressed roses to create your desired project.
Tips for Preserving Pressed Roses
To preserve pressed roses, you can:
- Place them between the pages of a book.
- Store them in an airtight container.
- Spray them with a fixative.
Using Pressed Roses in Crafts
Pressed roses can be used in a variety of crafts, including:
- Greeting cards
The possibilities are endless!
Here are some additional tips for using pressed roses in crafts:
- Use a variety of colors and shapes of roses to create a more interesting project.
- Layer the roses to create depth and dimension.
- Add other elements to your project, such as beads, ribbon, or glitter.
- Experiment with different techniques to create unique and beautiful results.
With a little creativity and imagination, you can use pressed roses to create beautiful and lasting keepsakes.
Our studio offers floral preservation services using assemblage design and pressing techniques to create personalized gifts and timeless art pieces Each order is meticulously hand crafted from start to finish providing one of a kind Keepsakes for lovers to cherish for a lifetime1 How to press roses with a book Pressing your roses between a book is perhaps the most traditional and least handson way to go about preserving them All you need is a heavy book your roses and two sheets of paper you can use blotting paper paper towels or newspapersLike any crafting project With proper technique and a bit of creativity pressed flower art can be a beautiful piece of home decor or an awesome gift idea Kinds of Flowers to Use When it comes to pressed flower art use flowers that are thin and flat have
vibrant colors and hold their shape well after pressing Here are some examplesLay Out the Flowers Place the flowers on the tissue paper Make sure none of the flowers touch one another or hang over the side of the tissue paper Cover the flowers with another piece of tissue paper then the newspaper and then cardboard Continue this process one on top of the other until all your flowers are preparedStep 1 Select and prepare flowers to press My Microfleur Max has allowed me to press a variety of plants and flowers including roses angelonia esperanza plumbago vincas crepe myrtle blossoms and ferns When selecting your blooms for pressed flower arrangements here are a few tips to keep in mindBeautiful Botanicals Are Preserved as Meticulously Arranged Flower Press Art The beauty of blooms is
fleeting but throughout history we39ve found a gorgeous way to preserve them Flower pressing allows us to enjoy the exquisite details of botanicals from the petals to leaves to seeds is dedicated to the centuriesold practice with lush CLIENT LOVE Everything else remains nothing but a memory Here at Flora Creek Place we39re changing that so you can keep your beautiful bouquet too Through our intentional flower preservation process and artistry we work with you to create timeless Keepsakes of your beautiful florals for you to cherish and display in your home foreverIDEA 3 Greeting Card Art My motherinlaw is a paper craft enthusiast Some of her favorite crafts to make are greeting cards so I was excited to find this rose petal craft idea for her from Maggy at Red Ted Art I love how Maggy used
two rose petals to make a whimsical butterfly